Sometimes we can’t shutdown our computer properly. And after starting the PC, We may found many of problems with OS, data and hardware. I personally found many of clients computer having many problem after Improper Shutdown. Many of clients also faced system won’t boot up after shutdown.
Improper Shutdown Effects-
- Improperly shutting down your computer can cause very harmful effects for your software. As the operating systems can better way to handle an improper shut down, there are still negative effects associated with it.
- If a computer is improperly shut down, by a power failure or hanging, then registry files may corrupted. In this situation, OS will won’t boot anymore. And You will need to reinstall your OS again.
- The hard drive may be effected negatively by an improper shut down. This is because the read and write heads will have been in the middle of a process, meaning that they will be rotating at high speeds when your computer shut down.
- Any running process may be interrupted. And this will not good for hardware, And Hardware will only be effected if it is in use.
- Hard disk MBR/GPT may crashed, and you will loose everything with Improper Shutdown.
- OS boot loader may corrupt and System won’t boot.
Solve OS Problem after Improper Shutdown-
- Windows user can repair registry with different tools available on Internet.
- Linux User can remove content under “/var/crash” folder, to remove crash items. Sometimes user also need to clear System cache and user cache folder too.
- You must check you hard disk for any damage with different tools available on Internet.
- If Windows/Linux unable to boot and giving OS error, You can reinstall bootloader again.
Computers should be shut down improperly only when there are no other options available, such as in the case of a your computer freezing. Well, theoretically at least, the OS sends signals, to hard disk for instance, so that it shuts it down (stops spinning). That being done abruptly could have some side-effect, but I believe it’s hard to determine, depending on how the hardware is designed. Any applications or processes that were running at the time of shut down also will be interrupted and any files that were not saved will be lost. Any settings that may have been changed just prior to shut down also will most likely not take effect.